with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Friday, September 12, 2014

Clutch putt wins McCann PGA Assistants' title..

Brian McCann made a dramatic 12-foot par putt on the final hole to win the PGA Assistants’ Championship of Canada presented by Titleist & FootJoy.


The 39-year-old from Mississauga, Ont., shot a three-day total of 6-under-par 210 for the one-stroke victory over G.W. King of Thornbury, Ont., and Mississauga, Ont.’s, Nick Kenney.


“I had 60-yards to the pin on (hole) 18 and with the golf course being this wet, I got the club stuck in the ground,” McCann said about his approach to the par-5 finisher at The Ridge at Manitou in McKellar, Ont. “So, then I have this 10 or 12-yard shot to get up and down and I didn’t really hit that one well either. But I knew I had to make par to win the golf tournament and I made it right in the middle.”


With the dramatic victory, the Brampton Golf Club PGA assistant professional becomes a two-time winner of the PGA Assistants’ Championship, hoisting the trophy previously in 2010


golf Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment