with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sunday at Glen Abbey....Snedeker wins Canadian Open......Live scoring links

Live leaderboard click here http://www.pgatour.com/leaderboard.html
Sunday tee times click here http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/rbc-canadian-open/tee-times.html


1000am
Good morning from Glen Abbey where play got underway at 800am when Scott Brown of North Augusta, SC playing without a partner hit the first shot. In days gone by when this situation arose, the club would provide a low handicapper from it's ranks to partner the pro just to help pace him and in fact to give him some company..

The first thing I notice today apart from the Sunday morning traffic being ideal, is that it is cooler and much breezier than it has been all week..The breeze has already affected play as the early scores are not quite as deep into the red as they have been so far..

I still agree that it will take 20 under to win...

The leaders (see tee times link above) go out around 140pm (Snedeker and Lingmerth)

Canadians on course David Hearn E thru 1 -5,  Weir -1 thru 8 -4,  Roger Sloan +3 thru 9 +1

Live updates to follow all day..

  1. 1130am  Hunter Mahan@HunterMahan 1h
  2. Both Baby and Mom are doing great. Thanks to all to my sponsors who appreciate what's important in life and all my fans for being Awesome!     
1h
  1. What a whirlwind of a day, but I'm happy to announce the birth of my daughter Zoe Olivia Mahan born at 3:26 am. Thanks for all the support!

updating 120pm***

Mike Weir has just finished with E 72 -3 for the tournament. So has Roger Sloan, he is -2 total..

David Hearn makes bogey on 18 to finish +1 73 -4..

The breeze I mentioned this morning has freshened in fact the lowest score of the day is by a South Korean Sang Moon Bae -4 thru 17...

I am now lowering my -20 prediction to -18...

Matt Kuchar and Jason Bohn have just strode onto the first tee, they are the second last group out Kuchar is my pick..now it's Snedeker and Lingmerth..

I watched Snedeker warm up and must say he looked relaxed and seemed happy with the way he was hitting it into a stiff breeze..


updating****

600pm...Snedeker and DJohnson were tied at -15 after Johnson had made birdie at 16, but Johnson  then drove out of bounds and hit the lip of a fairway bunker en route to a triple-bogey 7 on the par-4 17th. He finished with a 70.

*  Snedeker makes birdie at 16, now leads by 3 shots..

Brandt Snedeker wins the RBC Canadian Open for his second PGA TOUR title of the year, closing with 2-under 70 for a three-stroke victory

* I will always remember that Snedeker took the lead Saturday after second-round leader Hunter Mahan withdrew when his wife went into labor.
.
"Just ecstatic right now," Snedeker said. "This is a tournament I said early on in my career I wanted to win just because my caddie (Scott Vail) is actually from Canada and it's his national open. It meant a lot to him, meant a lot to me. Third-oldest tournament on TOUR and it's got some great history to it, and now to put my name on that trophy it means a lot."

Mahan's wife, Kandi, gave birth to daughter Zoe Olivia Mahan early Sunday in Texas.

"Zoey will be getting a very nice baby gift from me," Snedeker said. "I can't thank Kandi enough for going into labor early. I don't know if I'd be sitting here if she hadn't. But that is a way more important thing than a golf tournament. I missed a golf tournament when my first was born, and it was the best decision I ever made. I'm sure Hunter would say the same thing.

SUMMMARY

As always it was a long week back and forth out to the Abbey, but in looking back at so many I have covered since 1985, it was blessed with good weather apart from one downpour on Saturday, which by the way just helped Golf Canada drive up their concession sales !! It was great as always to see all of my colleagues in the media center, Weeksy, Hutch, Rube, even Jim Tatti showed up..

RBC made sure a bunch of stars made it here after the Open last week, and Ernie, GMac, etal all had their moments.

Mike Weir brought the Abbey alive on Friday getting to -7 T3 at one point but 3 bogey's in his last 4 holes spoiled a really special round..He proved to me he is on the way back..

Then the Mahan withdrawal on Saturday after his agent Chris Armstrong ran out onto the driving range with wife Kandi ( former Cowboy's cheerleader) pregnant and panting on the line from Texas threw the event wide open

Snedeker now another of the best players in the world without a major...

This week WGC at Firestone, then the PGA Championship..

Attendance figures for the week.... Monday, 9,210; Tuesday, 9,364; Wednesday, 11,579; Thursday, 15,591; Friday, 15,817; Saturday, 18,725; Sunday, 21,563. Total: 101,849.


BRITISH SENIOR OPEN

Live leaderboard click here  http://www.europeantour.com/seniortour/season=2013/tournamentid=2013858/leaderboard/index.html?showLeaderboard=Y

Bernard Langer and Mark Weibe will have a Monday playoff at Royal Birkdale.






No comments:

Post a Comment