with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Monday, July 22, 2013

Monday at Glen Abbey...

You can tell it's early in the week, none of the security staff know where anybody except  the players are supposed to go !!  I've been sent to 3 different car parks, finally found the right one, caught the shuttle bus and here I am.

The media center this year is back where we used to be, under the clubhouse, not in the media tent at the bottom of the players car park, which is good news for us as we are closer to the players..

It's cramped, bur the AC is working, my old pal Ian Hutchinson just arrived, everything looks familiar with volunteers ( I was one for 10 years) everywhere

There is a pro am tourney on today and it's surprisingly breezy, overcast, Glen Abbey is emerald green like the rest of Toronto with all the rain, then sun , then rain we've had.... stark contrast to the baked out, brown links many of these guys left behind at Muirfield... Strange isn't it, we are all green over here and they are all brown and burnt out over there..!

This makes me think how the guys who have just adapted to those lightning fast conditions will find the Abbey this week....Defending champion Scott Piercy was -17 last year at Hamilton (par 70) which like St Georges in 2010 was soft and yielding

There is rain in the weekend forecast, we always seem to have weather issues during the week, but something tells me the big bombers will have an advantage... which may be good news for Graham DeLaet who before his first Open experience, was #1 in GIR on the PGA Tour..

No Tiger or Phil are not here but thanks to Golf Canada and the RBC this is a pretty strong PGA Tour field. All the Canucks of course are here, Freddie can't make it as he is defending his British Senior Open Championship at Royal Birkdale, but Ernie Els, Luke Donald, GMac, Bubba, Matsuyama, DJ and of course Paulina Gretzky are all here

So am I and will be all week so join me with your comments and I am on air 7-10am every morning at www.nextsportstar.com


Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment