with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Weirsy prepares to play Riviera.. says problems are "more mental"

I made a visit to Mike Weir's blog this morning and was happy to see he has posted and he says he is still rusty and finds he is making mental errors..

"First and foremost, my elbow is feeling great right now. I have absolutely no pain in it and there was only a tiny bit of soreness on a couple of days when I put in a little extra work on the range. However, I feel as if I still have some tournament rust clinging to me. The three events I've played so far are really the first ones I've played healthy in about seven months. I know I played into July and August of last year, but before that I was making so many compensations because of my elbow. I was unable to play good golf and because of that I wasn't truly competing."


"So, I'm finding that I'm making some mental mistakes each round and also the scoring aspects of my game just aren't there."

"During my first three tournaments I played four (Hope), two (Torrey) and three (Pebble) different layouts which made it tougher to prepare. This week, it's just Riviera."

He needs to make around $217,000 in two remaining events to secure his full exempt status on the PGA this year. Remember he has won here twice in 2003 and 2004 when it was called the Nissan Open, now called the Northern Trust.

If he doesn't make it he will not disappear, he can play as a past champion as one option and still get in as many events as he would with full status, but he would prefer full status. The winner this week gets $1,170,000 as Steve Stricker defends..

Bryan Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment