with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Inspiration : Why we will beat COVID-19

First a big hello to you all, I know if you are ticking all the boxes provided by our health officials we will all get through this pandemic sooner rather than later, as overwhelming as it may seem. 

I am in my 3rd week of isolation at home and we are doing great. I do an isolation walk every day, we only shop when necessary and compared to other countries I must say I'm very proud once again to be Canadian. In general our country's strong financial status is evident as the billions of dollars our leaders have stocked away and are now using to help us quickly with all their deployments are there for us.

Despite that it's not unusual to worry, or even complain, so please consider this when all we are asked to do is stay home, in the comfort of our own homes to stay safe.

Inspiration 

My grand dad Tom fought in WW1 and lost his leg, he survived and lived to 88. My dad Bill fought in WWII through the Battle of Britain etc, survived and lived until he was 97.

They also survived the plague, polio, influenza, swine fever, diabetes, the mumps, amongst others, that swept the world. killing millions and crippling more.

They had no money to lose when the stock market crashed, they huddled together as a family around a small coal fire for warmth in the long damp cold winters, with few if any luxuries

I'll be damned if I'm going to let this COVID-19 virus get me when all I have to do is follow our world class doctors advice, staying home, safe, clean and comfortable and how the heck can I complain after all my grand dad and my dad endured and survived.

Think about what your grandparents and parents went through, and survived so that you have the life you enjoy today. They had no choice when confronted with World wars and pandemics which had no cure. They were and are survivors.

So are we, don't let your children or grandchildren down.

Bryan Angus





No comments:

Post a Comment