with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Friday, August 30, 2019

Brooke Henderson T15, chasing the lead at the Cambia Portland Classic..

LPGA Cambia Portland Classic leaderboard  https://www.lpga.com/leaderboard

Aussie Hannah Green has gone out and shot 64 63 -17 after just two rounds out at the Cambia Portland Classic, and she leads the field by 5 shots.

The good news for the rest of the field including Brooke Henderson is there are two rounds left, and I have this gut feeling that Hannah, who won the KPMG Women's PGA in June, won't have that lead come Sunday evening.

Brooke has won here twice (2015,2016), and has opened with very respectable rounds of 67 68 -9 T15, and there are 13 players between her and Green. You'd think the young Aussie has to come back to the field, and you'd also think Brooke amongst others hasn't posted their lowest rounds of the week, yet.

Green's 63 was a career-low round. "I just don't want to get too ahead of myself. Obviously this is quite new to me, shooting such low scores back-to-back," Green said. "I want to make sure I continue to do the same things and don't get too disappointed if I don't back it up with another solid round. Going to keep the same game plan.

There are low scores available on this Columbia Edgewater CC. For example Sei Young Kim is second after a record-setting 61. She had 11 birdies to put her at -12.

Brooke is off today at 1.05pm with Italian Giulia Molinari who is the #1 golfer in Italy and is not related to Francesco ! Alena Sharp is T25 at -7 and she is off at 11.45 with Lydia Ko.

Bryan Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment