with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Friday, July 30, 2021

Connors/Hughes "need something special" at weather delayed Tokyo 2020... full leaderboard

Tokyo 2020 : Men's Golf  leaderboard here.

When thunder storms finally halted play at 5.30pm (local) after another hot muggy day, Mac Hughes who posted an unimpressive +1 72 -1,T39 total, looked back on his round and said " I'm further back than where I started, I have a huge hill to climb this weekend."

Usually blessed with a good short game he continued "I haven't been my self on the greens, my putter has gone a little cold."

Always the optimist he said "So if I can get that heated up, and bottle some of my good swings you never know, that's why we play 4 rounds, I'll give it my best over the next 2 days and we'll see what happens"

I'm going to need to be a bit more aggressive on the weekend, kinda go for broke a bit, nothing to lose I guess"

He is 10 shots behind leader Xander Schauffele who  is -11 after a  Friday 63.

Corey Connors isn't much better, he was E through 16 holes when play was suspended, he's at -2 T34.

He is one of 16 players who will return early on Saturday (7.45am) to finish his round, the field will then be paired in 3's off split tee's beginning at 9.30 local with more hot, muggy, thundery weather in for the weekend.

Mexican Carlos Ortiz is 2nd at -10, while Sweden's Alex Noren 67 67 is 3rd at -8.

So on the bright side neither player has had their "A" game yet, so can do much better, but they both will need something special for 2 rounds if they want to be amongst the medals.

Bryan Angus 



No comments:

Post a Comment