with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Rory McIlroy returns this week in Abu Dhabi

European Tour Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship tee times/pairings http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2018/tournamentid=2018008/teetimes/index.html


The forgotten superstar Rory McIlroy, all 5'9" of him returns after a 4 month hiatus to recover from a rib injury to the Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship on a course where he has excelled on in 9 occasions with an impressive record of 7 top 10's but no wins.

After a four month break from competition Rory has declared himself fit and ready to take on one of the busiest seasons of his pro career against a strong field as the European Tour makes its annual early season stop in the Middle East.

The world class field includes world #1 Dustin Johnson, Paul Casey, Tommy Fleetwood who has just been awarded the Seve Ballesteros Trophy by his peers, Matt Kuchar, Justin Rose, Henrik Stenson, etal..

Rory, DJ and Tommy are paired at 740am Thursday... Remember Abu Dhabi is 9 hours ahead of EST...

Here's Rory's spin..

"I'm excited to be back at a golf tournament. It's been a while. The last few months have been really nice just to concentrate on a few things I needed to take care of in terms of getting myself fit and healthy to come back and sharpen up a few things in my game.

“Obviously this is the first real test of getting back and seeing how I am. So I'm looking forward to just getting out there and seeing how I perform when I need to. It's a place I've done well before and obviously a golf course I know well, so it's a comfortable place to come back and make a fresh start of the year..


I'd love to win again. I don't think there's any better feeling than winning a golf tournament. But I don't feel like its that far away.

Ive practised and I've played, and I've shot really good scores but its different having a card in your hand on Thursday, but from everything I've experienced there's no reason to think I'm not ready...

Lets see come early Wednesday morning EST..


Bryan Angus
 

No comments:

Post a Comment