with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Saturday, January 27, 2018

Rory McIlroy poised to win again at the Omega Dubai Desert Classic

European Tour Omega Dubai Desert Classic leaderboard http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2018/tournamentid=2018010/leaderboard/index.html#/leaderboard

Rory McIlroy was proud of his battling performance after a back nine of 32 on Saturday put him right in the mix to claim a third title at the Omega Dubai Desert Classic.

He had to return early to complete his second round in the morning, making five birdies in seven holes to open up a two-shot lead.

He briefly extended that lead to three but that was as good as it got on the front side in round three, with bogeys on the fourth and eighth seeing McIlroy turn in 36 and slip behind Chinese star Li Haotong.
 
However he made an eagle on the tenth which seemed to reignite the four-time Major winner and he picked up further shots on the 13th, 16th and 18 (68 -19) to sit just one shot behind the Haotang (64 -20) as he looks to equal Ernie Els' tally of 3 trophies at Emirates Golf Club
 
"I'm looking forward to it," he said. "I showed that even whenever I didn't have my best stuff today I was able to battle around and get in at a decent score. So hopefully I have a bit of a better game tomorrow."
 
 
Bryan Angus




No comments:

Post a Comment