with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Sunday, February 14, 2016

Schwartzel shreds the field, wins Tshwane Open easily.

European/Sunshine Tour Tshwane Open leaderboard http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2016/tournamentid=2016010/leaderboard/index.html#iLJxLDGPCV5l3MJI.97

Masters champion Charl Schwartzel had a one-shot lead as he teed off this morning in the final round of the Tshwane Open, and he went out in 31 strokes to stretch that lead to 5 before closing in style with a -7 63 -16 total, for his eighth win in South Africa, this time by 8 shots over Denmark's Jeff Winther who shot 64 and finished second on -8, with Anthony Michael another two shots further back in third at -6.

The 31 year old has clearly shaken off the rust from his winter break and declared himself delighted with his putting in particular. "In the first three rounds I gave myself so many chances. If I had the stroke I had today, it probably would have been my best tournament ever." 

This is his second win of this 2016 season after he won the Alfred Dunhill Championship in South Africa in November.
 
Bryan Angus
(notes from europeantour.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment