with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Monday, June 17, 2019

Brooke Henderson makes Canadian golf history

Meijer LPGA Classic final leaderboard https://www.lpga.com/tournaments/meijer-lpga-classic-for-simply-give/results

When I think of the long careers of the late George Knudson, Sandra Post and Mike Weir who is far from finished, it's hard for me to to comprehend that at the tender age of 2, Brooke Henderson has caught up with their 8 professional wins...and passed them with her 9th, and her second Meijer LPGA Classic title, this time at -21 holding off Lexi Thompson (68), Nasa Hataoka (65), Su Oh (65) and Brittany Altomare (68) who all finished a shot behind.

After opening 64, 64 Brooke went on to win wire to wire at Blythefield CC., finishing the weekend 69 70, and remember she's only just begun. It is her 2nd win of the year.

"That’s really cool,” Henderson said. “Earlier this year to get my eighth win and to tie that record was a huge deal for me. To now to kind of breakthrough that is awesome. I’m just really excited for the rest of the summer and hopefully many more wins in the future.

It’s really special, I’m so happy that both my mom and my dad can be out here to watch my sister and I win this. It’s always special when they’re here, especially on Father’s Day.”

Her win sets her up well for The KPMG Women’s PGA Championship, the third major championship of the year, which is next week at Hazeltine in Minnesota

Alena Sharp had another TOP 10 as she finished T9 at -13. Jaclyn Lee T70 -2 and Catherine Anne Tanguay T74 -1.

Bryan Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment