with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Saturday, June 8, 2024

It's all Soderberg in Sweden...Sunday TEE TIMES

 DP World Tour : 2024 Volvo Scandinavian Mixed Tee Times

Sebastian Söderberg will take a commanding eight-shot lead into the final round of the 2024 Volvo Car Scandinavian Mixed after stretching his advantage at the top of the leaderboard with a stunning 66 on Saturday.

Sebastian Söderberg extends home advantage in Sweden

The Swede treated his home crowd to an approach-play masterclass on day three as he made seven birdies and a single bogey to head into Sunday's fourth round on -21.

The 33-year-old is enjoying a fine run of form, having finished second, second and third, and made the cut at the US PGA Championship in his last four starts.

He went into the third round at Vasatorps Golfklubb three shots ahead of nearest challenger Scott Jamieson after posting opening rounds of 63 and 66 on Thursday and Friday respectively.

And he kept his foot firmly on the gas in wet and windy conditions on Moving Day as he followed up four birdies on the front nine with three birdies and one bogey down the stretch to sit in a strong position to claim his second DP World Tour title.

Scotland's Calum Hill was Söderberg's nearest challenger on -13  after mixing eight birdies with three bogeys to sign for a 67.

England's Alice Hewson was the leading Ladies European Tour player after three rounds, another shot back on -12 alongside home favourite Alexander Björk and Spain's Santiago Tarrio, with this week's event seeing men and women playing in the same groups for one prize fund and one trophy.

Soderberg said: "It was all-around super solid. Still a lot of good shots and a lot of good putts, so I've got nothing to complain about.

"I've got so many friends and family here. It might not look like I'm taking it all in but I do. I've just been good at staying in my zone, my bubble so far.

"And that's what I've got to continue to do tomorrow."

When asked if he feels any pressure ahead of the final round, Söderberg added: "Absolutely. The weather can be like this (heavy rain) and the margins are just so much smaller.

"So I've really got to keep playing good golf. Mistakes are going to happen but as long as I don't get rattled and just stick to my game plan, hopefully I'll be all right."

europeantour.com

Bryan Angus (edit)


No comments:

Post a Comment