with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Saturday, March 30, 2024

Japanese rookie Nakajima in command at Hero Indian Open....full scoreboard / Sunday TEE TIMES

 DP World Tour : Hero Indian Open Leaderboard  Tee Times

Keita Nakajima will take a four-shot lead into the final round of the Hero Indian Open as goes in search of a maiden DP World Tour title in New Delhi.

Keita Nakajima

The Japanese has been on top of the leaderboard since day one at DLF Golf & Country Club and followed up back-to-back 65s with a 68 to get to 18 under and match the biggest 54-hole lead of the season so far.

Malaysia's Gavin Green carded a brilliant, bogey-free 64 to sit at 14 under alongside Frenchman Romain Langasque, who signed for a 70.

Italian Matteo Manassero and France's Jeong weon Ko were then five back but all eyes will be on Nakajima as he looks to claim the second wire-to-wire win of the 2024 campaign.

Nakajima may be seeking a first DP World Tour win in just his 11th start but he knows how to get over a line, having claimed four victories on the Japan Golf Tour.

The first of those came as an amateur in 2021 and he spent a record 87 weeks at the top of the World Amateur Golf Ranking before joining the paid ranks.

Three victories in five months last year helped him top the Order of Merit on the Japan Golf Tour and earn his card on the DP World Tour, with his best result so far fourth at the Ras Al Khaimah Championship.

A win would make him the fifth Japanese winner in DP World Tour history and the third in just over six months, after Ryo Hisatsune won last season's Open de France and Rikuya Hoshino - currently second in the DP World Tour Rankings in Partnership with Rolex - triumphed at the Commercial Bank Qatar Masters last month.

"One more day," he said. "I will try my best. Keep the same tempo, all the same, just keep going.

"I feel very confident in my game. My ball-striking and swing has been pretty good this week.

"I had great experiences in my amateur career, but I’m a professional now. I played the Japan Tour last year and a few other events where I played well, great experience. I’ll just keep going."

Ko carded a 69, one shot fewer than Manassero, to sit one ahead of local favourite Veer Ahlawat and two clear of England's Sam Bairstow.

europeantour.com

Bryan Angus (edit)

No comments:

Post a Comment