with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Monday, August 7, 2023

Roger Sloan wins in Utah.. moves inside top 30 Korn Ferry Tour.. final results

 Korn Ferry Tour : Utah Championship Leaderboard

With his 1st win on the Korn Ferry Tour being 9 years ago (2014) and a demotion after a #160 finish on the 2021-22 PGA Tour, Roger Sloan was winless in 9 years and was without a top 10 in 14 outings this year.

Roger Sloan

All that changed Sunday afternoon in Salt Lake City, when he birdied the last 2 holes of the Utah Championship, both with approach shots within 10 feet for a -5 66 -24, good for the one shot win over a bogey free Christopher Petefish.

" It feels great, to win here is special because it reminds me so much of being back home. Any time you win is very special. This one my family was here, to see my kids run on to the green and hug them is a moment I'll never forget.

I haven't had the greatest of years results wise, that's because I've been working on my game more than usual. I got to keep chipping away at what I've been doing all year, staying committed. The goal is for me to be the best player I can be, and get back on the PGA Tour. Right now Im just taking one day at a time.

While this is great, we'll enjoy it and get back on the grindstone next week"

He wins $180,000 and importantly moves from #92 to #27 on the points list, where the top 30 secure their 2024 PGA Tour cards..

Countryman, Ben Silverman is ranked #3.


Bryan Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment