with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Saturday, December 17, 2022

Frenchman Rozner leads by two shots AfrAsia Bank Mauritius Open.. complete Saturday scoreboard

 DP World Tour : AfrAsia Bank Mauritius Open Leaderboard

Antoine Rozner will take a two-shot lead into the final day of the AfrAsia Bank Mauritius Open after firing a third-round 68 in breezy conditions at Mont Choisy Le Golf.

Antoine Rozner

The Frenchman recovered brilliantly from back-to-back bogeys at the first and second on Saturday, carding seven birdies and a single bogey in his remaining 16 holes to get to -14.

Rozner, who narrowly lost out to Rasmus Højgaard in a play-off at this event three years ago, saved his best until last on Moving Day, producing a wonderful tee-shot at the short 17th for a birdie there before closing his round with another gain on the 18th.

Fellow Frenchman Julien Brun was alone in second on -12 after making six birdies and a solitary bogey in his third-round 67, with South African Oliver Bekker a shot further back in third.

France's Pierre Pineau and Finn Sami Välimäki were in a tie for fourth on -10.

Rozner was pleased with his day's work considering the tricky conditions. He said: "It was tough out there. It was blowing a lot more than yesterday. It wasn't easy at all.

"The long game was tough and the putting was even worse, I thought.

"I struggled a little bit. I had a big putt on the fourth that helped me a lot, and made a birdie after that. "So that helped me get the round going. After that it was very solid for the most part. I wish I could have maybe holed a couple more at the end but it is what it is and one more round to go.

"I feel like I missed a lot of opportunities but I still shot four under, so in those conditions it's pretty good.

"That helps me for the confidence and hopefully I can use that for tomorrow."

europeantour.com

Bryan Angus (edit)



No comments:

Post a Comment