with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Saturday, December 3, 2022

Eagle finish puts Scott atop the leaderboard Australian Open.. full scoreboard

 DP World Tour : ISPS Handa Australian Open Leaderboard

Home hero Adam Scott made a closing eagle for the second day in a row to take a one-shot lead into the final round of the ISPS HANDA Australian Open.

CHARLOTTE, NORTH CAROLINA - SEPTEMBER 25: Adam Scott of Australia and the International Team walks the seventh green during Sunday singles matches on day four of the 2022 Presidents Cup at Quail Hollow Country Club on September 25, 2022 in Charlotte, North Carolina. (Photo by Jared C. Tilton/Getty Images)

Adrian Meronk had tied the course record and his lowest DP World Tour round with a 63 to set the target at ten under and it looked like he would be the man with the advantage after 54 holes.

But Scott made a birdie on the 15th and then eagled the last in a 67 to leapfrog the Pole as he looks for a second win in his national open after triumphing 13 years ago.

Min Woo Lee carded a 65 to sit four shots off the lead alongside fellow Australian Haydn Barrow, with Kiwi Josh Geary and Irishman Conor Purcell at six under.

In the women's event, South Korea's Jiyai Shin will take a one-shot lead over South African Ashleigh Buhai into the final round, while Kurtis Barkley signed for a sensational 69 to lead the Australian All Abilities Championship @ the ISPS HANDA Australian Open - the opening event of the 2023 G4D Tour season - by three shots at one under.

Scott was frustrated after a 71 on day one at Kingston Heath Golf Club but since moving over to Victoria he has barely put a foot wrong, making just one bogey in his last two rounds to fly up the leaderboard.

Huge crowds are sure to follow the former World Number One on the final day as he looks for a 12th DP World Tour title full of belief in an all-star group with Meronk and Lee.

"I think the crowd’s been awesome the last two days out here," he said. "It’s been a great week. It’s great to see so many people coming out to the golf and I certainly have had incredible support, just going to the first tee. I’ve felt the love, so I’m looking forward to feeling it tomorrow and hopefully I can play some really good golf and show them a win out there.

"I believe I’m going to do it but without using clichés, there’s no point thinking about my winner’s speech right now. I’ve got a long way to navigate my round, get around the course tomorrow, but I absolutely believe I’m going to do it. If you don’t believe in it, then you won’t do it.

"So, I’ve got to go out tomorrow and do much of the same stuff I did today and if I get a couple of good numbers and the putts drop, I know when to challenge and when to hold back a little."

No comments:

Post a Comment