with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Sunday, November 20, 2022

Sensational Svensson gets first PGA Tour win..RSM Classic final results

 PGA Tour: RSM Classic final results  here

After another ho hum 73 to begin his week in Sea Island, Georgia at this version of the RSM Classic you'd have forgiven Adam Svensson for wondering when all his off camera hard work, his family's belief was ever going to pay off.

Playing a "B" field wrap around event Surrey BC native Adam was one of many in the 156 man field hoping to catch lightning in a bottle..

The story:    Friday another birdie bogey start..out in 34 -1 no big deal...then suddenly 3 birdies, an eagle bogey free back nine 30 and a 64 !!

Saturday was special.. a front nine 29 !! with a back nine 33!! -8 62  right back in contention. 

Sunday closer:  Front nine bogey free -2 33...birdies at 10, 11, 16, 17 back in 31 for -6 64 and a winning -19 263 winning total..

Following in the footsteps of fellow countryman Mac Hughes who won here 6 years ago, Adam Svensson gets his first PGA Tour win at the RSM Classic in his 70th event.

He was overwhelmed and so he should be, he indeed caught lightning in a bottle 64 62 64, worth $1.4m a 2 year exemption, a place in the Masters and it all starts with a trip to Hawaii in January to play in the Tournament of Champions. He jumps from 174th raning in the world in the world to 72nd.


"It's been a dream of mine since I was 10, it's just incredible I don't think the money does anything, it's the feeling of coming down the stretch and winning and all that stuff, you just can't beat it"

This changes my schedule a lot, I'll be in a lot more events, I can chose now, I'll have more time at home now to practice and prepare for bigger events now, so I'm excited"

He told the media about the turning point in his career after his stint down on the Korn Ferry tour in 2020.

" When I was younger I relied on my talent, I didn't put enough work in. I wasn't that disciplined, two years ago I was about to try something else but I decided to give it 100%.

I'm up at 6am, I don''t drink anymore, I go to the golf course everyday. You can say you work hard but in the end you really have to do it, 100%. I'm so proud of myself today for doing that.

We also really work on the flow in my putting stroke, sometimes it's too fast, the improved flow helps my speed control"

Taylor Pendrith finished T15 69 66 65 6 -13.


Bryan Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment