with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Saturday, February 12, 2022

Short game helps Hadwin to T5, 4 shots behind for the weekend Waste Management Phoenix... Saturday scoreboard

 PGA Tour: Waste Management Phoenix Open Saturday leaderboard here.

With the cut falling at -2, four of the six Canadians have packed their bags and headed elsewhere for the weekend at this Phoenix Waste Management Open, that's the bad news.

The good news is Corey Connors who's off to a slow start this year recovered from an opening T84 72, with a -5 66 and at -4 he is T34 heading into the weekend. He made 7 birdies and 2 bogey's.

Adam Hadwin who opened with a flourish 5 birdies in his last 7 holes for a -5 66 T3, admitted " I wasn't confident in what I was doing" in round 2 "but I didn't shoot myself out of the tournament, I could have done that easily, shooting even or one over I would have needed two really good rounds to get back in it, so to get in at -3, I'm really in a good spot"

I did a really good job of managing the golf ball, I stayed out of trouble, I didn't hit it nearly as well as I did on Thursday. My short game was good, I made a couple of putts on the front and my speed control on the greens on the way back was key and will serve me well on the weekend. It's massive, my short game was solid, drove it in the water on 17, but got up and down for par. Little things like that go a long way".

At -8 T5 he is 4 shots of the lead of rookie Sahith Theegala 64 64 -12 who is playing on a sponsors invite and has been driving his car from event to event on this west coast swing, has had it all going his way so far and he's 2 shots ahead of two time winner here, Brooks Koepka and Xander Schauffele at -10 and they are in the last group today at 1.45pm EST.

The field are off split tees, so Adam is in the 2nd last group with Patrick Cantlay and Talor Gooch off the 1st at 1,34pm EST. Connors is 11.55am off the 10th.

Weather: Nothing but warm sunshine for the weekend with a gentle breeze, so ideal for scoring.

Bryan Angus


No comments:

Post a Comment