with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Happy to see Glen Abbey spared. ..

The news that the Abbey has been granted Heritage status is welcome in my books.

I first went as a volunteer in 1985 and have been going most every year since, as a broadcaster and a writer and in those 32 years have many memories..mostly fond...and many friendships. .also fond.

I also have a trophy on my mantelpiece from the year we won the Canadian Open volunteers scramble so I may have a vested interest.!!

However my main reason is that it doesn't sit right with me that this course which has played such a prominent role not just in Oakville but across this country when it comes to our golfing heritage, should be sold to yet another billionaire developer who in turn will sell million dollar homes at great profit to more millionaires, because that's what you need to be to buy into Oakville these days. You guys can go spend your money in lots of other neighbourhoods. I also don't need to see Clublink get any richer at the expense of the Abbey..Thankyou very much...

So let's just leave it to the golfers to enjoy..and to the hundreds of thousands of fans who flock there every summer to see their favorites and hopefully to finally cheer on a Canadian winner for the first time since 1954 !!

Bryan Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment