with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Friday, August 19, 2016

Henderson begins round 3, T3 at Women's Olympic Golf Competition

Women's Olympic Golf Competition leaderboard http://www.igfgolf.org/olympic-games/scores/womens/

At 9.58 (est) Brooke Henderson, dressed from head to toe in black with long white sleeves smacked a drive away down the middle past all the bunkers on the by now familiar opening hole of this Women's Olympic Golf Competition.

Following rounds of 71, 64 she begins play under sunny skies and a freshening breeze at -8, T3 with English star Charley Hull 68 66 -8 , just a shot behind Stacy Lewis 70 and a course record, 63 -9, and two behind the amazing Korean Inbee Park 66, 66 -10 who is probably playing her final event after a Hall of Fame career which includes seven majors.

The other Canadian Alena Sharp 72 69 is +2 this morning thru 7 holes currently T37.

Lydia Ko is going well this morning with a hole in 1 at the par 3 8th, along with 4 birdies now at -8, Suzann Petersen of Norway has 5 birdies and is also at -7. Many of the big names like Lexi Thompson, Ariya Jutanugarn and Shanshan Feng are in contention.

Henderson who began her shot at a golden medal, had gotten off to a terrible start on Wednesday, 3 over thru 4 holes did well to recover, but it was a different story on Thursday, -2 through the first nine, then 5 birdies in her last 6 holes for the 64.

She had this to say afterwards " Yeah, it was a much better day today, I felt better right off the bat. I was 2-under through my first nine holes, which was good, and I was hoping to get a few more birdies on the back nine, and I definitely was able to do that, especially my last six holes. I kind of got momentum and putts drained for me and I was able to hit some really good shots. I’m really happy with today and hopefully I’ll do something similar on Friday."

She made par 5 on her first and is hole high in two, on the par 4 2nd.

Remember play began Wednesday, so this is moving day for the 60 women in this Olympic field, where unlike the men, all the top performers are in attendance.

More to follow...

Bryan Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment