with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Monday, May 16, 2016

Is Jason Day a cut above Rory and Jordan..

PGA Tour Players Championship final scoreboard http://www.pgatour.com/competition/2016/the-players-championship/leaderboard.html

Jason Day didn't allow Sunday's final round to become interesting. Journeyman Ken Duke did get within two shots, but with Rory languishing and Rickie, Phil and Jordan missing the cut, the Aussie shot -1 71 to win from wire to wire by 4 shots and the real story for me came in the media tent after the win that one day will put him in the Golf Hall of Fame..

He wanted to win The Players Championship so badly that he wasn’t going to let anything stop him and the 28-year-old Australian wants to win a lot more.

I want to be to be able to be looked back on and know that ‘he was one of the greats in the game.’ If I have the opportunity to do that, I’m going to try my best,” Day said after his four-shot victory. “And I have the opportunity to do that right now, try and work has hard as I can to really leave my footprint in this game. I’m very motivated to win as much as I can right now.”

We heard Jason say that all week. I just don't hear the other guys declaring that so bluntly, and they are interviewed more than most. It just sounds an awful lot like his buddy and mentor if you like, Tiger Woods.

He is firmly placed right now at #1, this was his seventh title in the last 10 months, he is clearly playing the best golf of the big 3 right now, and seemingly driven, and motivated the most.

Bryan Angus








Bryan Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment