with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Monday, May 18, 2015

Rory at his best..

PGA Tour Wells Fargo final scoreboard http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/wells-fargo-championship/leaderboard.html

More than 40 drives over 310 yards this week, and most all in the middle of the fairway...A 514 yard par 4 with water everywhere, reduced to a 360 yard drive, center cut, and a 145 yard gap wedge to within 3 feet at the 16th... Rory was at his best again this weekend at Quail Hollow. It was the Rory we witnessed during the summer of 2014 when he won the Open, the PGA and a WGC...

This time it has been the WGC Match Play, Wells Fargo and coming up next week he defends his title at the BMW PGA Championship at Wentworth...then hosts the Irish Open..

Yesterday in shooting a -3 69 to finish at -21 267, he obliterated the tournament record by five strokes with a seven-shot victory over Webb Simpson and Patrick Rodgers. His 61 on Saturday was another record, the one he already held when he won here in 2010. His 27 birdies was also a record.

His gameplan ?..“I had a goal to go out there and birdie the par 5s and the two drivable par 4s and I knew if I made six birdies there was pretty much no chance that anybody could catch me,” McIlroy said. “With my length and the way I’m driving it, it’s a big advantage around here and it showed this week"

No chance that anyone could catch me.. that's how the game today is, and how he see's it when Rory is at his best. Doesn't that sound familiar ??

Bryan




No comments:

Post a Comment