with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Saturday, November 8, 2014

Laura Davies tied for the lead in Japan

Live scoring click http://espn.go.com/golf/leaderboard?tour=lpga


England's Laura Davies has been playing on the LPGA Tour for as long as I can remember, and I must admit I was surprised when I looked at her stats and saw she has only won 20 times, the last time being in 2001. The big gal shot a 5-under 67 overnight to share the lead with Ai Suzuki of Japan and Ilhee Lee of South Korea after 2 rounds of the Mizuno Classic in Japan.


She is the story for me, now 51 years old Davies had seven birdies at the Kintetsu Kashikojima course for a 9-under 135 total, and is heading for the Golf Hall of Fame.
She will become the oldest winner in LPGA history with a win here.


First round leader Morgan Pressel had an even-par 72 to fall into a tie for 11th place.



No comments:

Post a Comment