with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Sunday, September 24, 2023

Japanese Hisatsune wins French Open....final results

 DP World Tour:  Cazoo French Open  

Ryo Hisatsune became just the third Japanese winner in DP World Tour history as a brilliant back nine of 30 saw him lift the trophy at the Cazoo Open de France.

Ryo Hisatsune storms to maiden win at Cazoo Open de France

Ryo Hisatsune became just the third Japanese winner in DP World Tour history as a brilliant back nine of 30 saw him lift the trophy at the Cazoo Open de France.

Dane Rasmus Højgaard was then at 11 under, one clear of Austria's Lukas Nemecz and two ahead of home favourite Julien Brun, Japan's Kazuki Higa, South Korean Tom Kim and German Yannik Paul.

Isao Aoki was Japan's first DP World Tour winner at the 1983 Panasonic European Open and it would be 33 years before there was another thanks to Hideki Matsuyama's victory at the WGC-HSBC Champions.

Matsuyama would add another World Golf Championships title the following year at the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational before sealing his country's greatest golfing moment by triumphing at the Masters Tournament in 2021.

"It feels unreal," he said. "For me, I didn’t think I would win, but I just won! I’m feeling delighted, it’s my first win, I’m so happy. I fly back to Japan tomorrow. Maybe in business class, I don’t know!

"The front nine I did not play well, but the back nine I played very well. I think this was because I wanted to win.

"It’s been nothing like I thought (DP World Tour career so far). I only turned pro three years ago, first years playing in Japan, then on to the DP World Tour through Q School. Now I’m here with my first win in my pro career – it’s so amazing."

europeantour.com

Bryan Angus (edit)


No comments:

Post a Comment