with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Thursday, August 21, 2014

Great course, great field set for CP Women's Open

LONDON, Ont. (Golf Canada) – A world-class 156 player field, including 96 of the top 100 players on the LPGA’s Official Money List and 15 Canadians, are set to challenge London Hunt and Country Club in London, Ont. for the opening round of the $2.25 million (US) 2014 Canadian Pacific Women’s Open.

Two time defending champion and the No. 3 ranked player in the world, Lydia Ko, is being coy about her chances for a three-peat at Canada’s national open championship.

“I've been playing pretty consistently well, I think, pleased with how everything is going,” said Ko Wednesday.  “But it's a whole new week. You never know what's going to happen. You don't know what the conditions are going to be like. Every course is a little different, so sometimes it suits longer hitters, sometimes it suits really good putters, etc.  So for me, I'm just going to go out there and try my best.”

Canada’s top ranked women’s golfer, amateur Brooke Henderson, is excited for play to get underway Thursday. But, the Team Canada member from Smiths Falls, Ont. is well aware of the high expectations that come with her success of late.

“I see the pressure and I hear it,” said Henderson, who finished tied for 10th at the U.S Women’s Open last month and runner up at the U.S. Women's Amateur two weeks ago. “I hear that I’m the face of Canadian golf, but I’m just trying to improve and trying to get better.

“First step (this week) is to make the cut, and after that, hopefully climb up the leaderboard a little bit,” added the 16-year-old.  “This is such an awesome event with such amazing Canadian support. I'm just really excited and hopefully I'll play good.”

No comments:

Post a Comment