with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Sunday, June 15, 2014

Thanks Dad....Congrats to Martin Kaymer

Happy Father's Day to all, and to my dear old Dad, now 95 and counting, allowed as many mulligan's as he likes..


Dad gave me the best golf lesson I have ever had. I was 16 and we used to go out to Parkview on a Sunday evening after 5pm ... a twilight ticket for 2.00 each.


Dad would keep on his Sunday best ( church every Sunday morning) pants and shirt and shoes! on. We were away out at the back end of the course and I was on the tee with my driver. I promptly hit an Oral Roberts.... a heeler,  into the bushes just left of the tee. and my driver followed it a split second later...


Dad was all set to peg his ball, stopped, calmly put his driver back in the bag and said "that's it  for today, let's go..."


I couldn't believe it and protested, promising never to toss my club again..


" You are spoiling my day with your temper tantrums. You are a good athlete and if you don't end up a working stiff like me you will be a good golfer. However in all likelihood you may only get a chance like we do to play once a week, so you best enjoy each outing, enjoy your good shots and expect the bad ones. More importantly enjoy the company and the course and the weather and you will then enjoy the game of golf."


To this day  that has been my guiding light. I have been as low a handicap as 8 and hardly have time to play much these days, and plan to change all that when and if I ever retire..


Thanks Dad, happy Father's Day..



Congratulations to Martin Kaymer on his 8 shot win at the US Open, he was so dominant it was almost anti-climatic...The only question is would he mess up and could someone in the pack shoot 64 to catch him..


No and no were the answers...Kaymer wins the Players in May, the US Open in June, the Open in July ??   ..stay tuned




Bryan Angus




















Bryan Angus

No comments:

Post a Comment