with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Saturday, July 21, 2012

Round 3 live scoring, tee times, Quotes of the Day...

Hands up those amongst you who picked Brandt Snedeker not only as our leader after 36 holes, but to tie Sir Nick's all time low score of 130 ??

That's why there have been 15 different winners of the last 15 majors, none called Tiger, and oh by the way that could change this weekend after his chip in 3 at the last from a greenside bunker actually devoid of water, gets him in the penultimate pairing today with Jacob (Thorbjorn) Olesen, just 4 shots back....

The old Tiger would shoot 64 today.... we'll see what this new safer Tiger produces..


Round 3 is well underway at Royal Lytham, started at 3am est with Tom Watson and Lee Westwood out just after the singleton Joost Luiten

As predicted, today is another nearly calm (6-8mph) breeze from the west, but the sun is out and it will reach a high of 15*c

So it should be ideal for scoring, leaders Snedeker and Scott don't go out til 320pm or 1020am est.


Here are the tee times http://www.theopen.com/en/TeeTimes/TeeTimes.aspx
Here is the live leaderboard http://scores.theopen.com/en/Leaderboard.aspx


I thought you might like some of the quotes of the day..

Luke Donald
Via his Twitter feed: “New caddy Gareth Lord on the bag today as I’ve given Johnny the day off to welcome his first child into the world!! Good luck Mr & Mrs McLaren.”

Rory McIlroy
On arranging for 16-year-old Jason Blue to spend Thursday night in a hotel after he was struck by McIlroy’s tee shot off the 15th yesterday: “I didn’t want him sleeping the night in a tent [as originally planned] when he’s got a massive gash in the side of his head. Yeah, I put him and his mate up for the night and gave them a bit of cash – a hundred and something quid – to go for a bit of food. It was the least I could do. If someone gave me a big hole in my head, I wouldn’t be too happy. No camping for me. I much prefer hotels.”


Brandt Snedeker
After shooting 64 to lead at 10 under, having missed the cut by a distance at all three of his previous Opens: “I’m sure everybody here is in as much shock as I am right now


Toshinori Muto
There was water in one of the bunkers I played out of. I hit the shot from the water. It felt like I’d taken a shower


Mark Calcavecchia
On shooting 68 to finish one under: “I wanted to play all four days here, not sit around until Thursday of next week [for the Seniors Open to begin] over at Turnberry. Now I’ll have something to do this weekend.”


Adam Scott
On the ovation he got coming up the 18th: “The best 18th in golf is always The Open Championship


Lee Westwood
Question from reporter: “Is this your best chance of winning this, with what you’ve got left in your career?” Reply from Westwood: “Who let him in?”


Lee Westwood
It’s nice to have support and get cheered along. Me and Bubba were having a chuckle at it on the way round, when they were shouting: ‘Go, Lee!’ and ‘Come on, Lee!’ Bubba was saying: ‘Where do they want you to go? Where do they want you to come to?


Graeme McDowell
The golf course is on the edge of unplayable. Some of those bunkers need to be GUR’d. One in particular left of the 16th green, if you hit it in there, there’s nowhere to drop and there’s a foot of water. That’s not golf. It’s not fair


Tom Watson
On returning to Turnberry next week for the Seniors Open: “The beauty of the place is the first thing I think about. I think about Ailsa Craig and the lighthouse and that beautiful sunset that occurred on Wednesday, the night before The Open in 2009. It was the most gorgeous thing – orange and red for an hour-and-a-half. Absolutely spectacular. And the golf course… there’s kind of tricks to play it. How do you drive the ball at 9 and get the ball on the fairway? I still haven’t figured that one out


Jason Dufner
On being told 30mph winds are forecast for Sunday: “Forecasts – you can pretty much throw them in the trash around here.”




Bryan Angus also on twitter@mummmbles and at www.isr1050.com and hosting the Breakfast Club 7-9am M-F www.nextsportstar.com


No comments:

Post a Comment