with Bryan Angus

Thanks for joining me today. I look forward to your comments . They are always welcome here on FairwaysPlus. Bryan Angus bryanangus4@gmail.com



Monday, June 18, 2012

Webb Simpson..last man standing at the Olympic Club

In the end nobody could better par at the Olympic Club, but the guy who came closest with a pair of 68's on the weekend was Webb Simpson, who finished at +1 281 good for a 1 shot lead over Graeme McDowell 73, who kepthttp://www.majorschampionships.com/usopen/2012/scoring/index.cfm# the drama going until the 72nd hole when he misread a 25 footer to tie, and force the playoff that seemed to be looming most of the day, Micheal Thompson 67 also finished at +2 T2

FINAL LEADERBOARD CLICK HERE  http://www.majorschampionships.com/usopen/2012/scoring/index.cfm#

Simpson,the man who went to Wake Forest on the Arnold Palmer scholarship was wearing the newly-named Jack Nicklaus medal around his neck and hoisting a big silver loving cup that has no name but carries considerable cachet. Simpson continued Olympic's tradition of come-from-behind victories, too, making up four shots on two former U.S. Open champions in Jim Furyk and Graeme McDowell to seal his first major win.

"I got here Monday, and I think every day my game got a little better," Simpson said. "I hit it really well yesterday. The first few days I putted well and hung in there. Yesterday I hit it well and made me get excited for today.
"Today I had the best warm-up I had the whole week before the round. You know, this is only my second U.S. Open and so I told myself don't get too excited, don't try to win. You've got to go out there and try to make pars, and that's what I did."

More to follow...



Bryan Angus also on twitter@mummmbles and at www.isr1050.com



No comments:

Post a Comment